Goostrey Village Hall
Our Village Hall is managed by Goostrey Parish Council, and has a team of dedicated staff headed up by our Village Hall Supervisors Yvonne and Chris Duke (contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07425 511680).
The Village Hall Supervisors manage all aspects of the day to day running of the Village Hall including bookings, caretaker services, maintenance and keep all the rooms to a very high standard of cleanliness. Yvonne and Chris can also offer help and advice for organising your event.
Sharon Jones our Parish Clerk sends out the invoices and receives the payments for all bookings.
On this page we have tried to give you access to all the information you need to make a booking in the Village Hall.
Required Reading for All Hirers (including Risk Assessments and Special Terms and Conditions of Hire)
Bookings and Caretaker Services
The Village Hall Supervisors are the main contact for the Village Hall. They can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on 07425 511680.
They will arrange to open the Village Hall for your event, if there is a last minute change to your plans please call them direct.
Invoice Queries – Call Sharon Jones on 01477 535825 (13.00 – 16.00 Mon, 13.00 – 16.00 Wed, 13.00 – 16.00 Fri, answerphone outside of office hours).
How to book the Village Hall – Simple 3 Step Process
1. Use the Village Hall Calendar to check if the date you want is free. View Village Hall Calendar
We receive bookings daily and the online calendar is updated when we receive a booking. However, you may want to telephone to check that the date you require is available before sending us your booking form.
2. Next email/phone our Village Hall Supervisor on firstname.lastname@example.org /phone 07425 511680 to make a provisional booking.
Please note that provisional bookings are only held for 14 days, if we do not receive a completed booking form within that time your booking will be cancelled.
3. Print off and complete a booking form and return it to us at the Village Hall (within 14 days of making the provisional booking), remembering to keep a copy for yourself. Or you can scan the form and send it by e-mail to email@example.com
Please note if you want to alter the time of the booking, you need to confirm this with the Village Hall Supervisor before putting the new time on the form, as any changes can have an impact on other hirers.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HIRERS
- Full terms and conditions are on page 2 of the booking form, by signing the form and sending the booking form to us you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of hire. Additionally you must sign and return the COVID-19 Special Conditions of Hire document before we can confirm your event.
- COVID-19 Risk Assessments are required for all bookings.
- A COVID-19 cleaning charge will be applied to all bookings, this costs £4.00 for the Lounge and £8.00 for the Hall and is additional to any other charges for caretaker and cleaning services booked.
- If you are hiring the Village Hall for an organisation or for someone else and you will not be present at the event please ensure you notify us in advance with the name and contact details of the responsible person who will be present at the event.
- You must put all of your requirements for Caretaker Services on the form, or notify them to in writing or by e-mail more than two weeks prior to the event. This will ensure that we can make best efforts to fulfil your request in regard to these services.
- Unfortunately due to a number of hirers not paying for children’s parties we now require payment in advance for any children’s party.
- Please ask for a quote when you make your provisional booking and pay when you send in your form (payment by bank transfer, cheque or in cash, do not send cash payments in the post, arrange to make payments in cash with the Clerk). At present we would prefer not to take cash payments due to COVID-19.
- Our own kitchen has been improved and you should check with the Village Hall Supervisor regarding the facilities you require before booking the School Kitchen.
- Hirers are reminded that if they book the School Kitchen they are required to use professional caterers, book Caretaker Services & Cleaning and complete a School Kitchen Risk Assessment Form which must be returned with their booking form to the Village Hall Supervisor by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org