Information for Residents

Information for Residents

Welcome Pack for New Residents

The Parish Council extends a warm welcome to all new residents of Goostrey!

To assist new residents acclimatize to the area we have put together a pack of information which you can print for yourself at home.   Please contact the relevant organisations directly if you need anything further details.

Cheshire East Council Services

Cheshire East Council provides most of the local services and details of these services can be found on the Cheshire East Council web site at:

Council Tax

Details about Cheshire East Council Tax can be found at:

Or by phoning 0300 123 5013

Refuse Collection

Refuse collections are made on a Thursday.  You can print off a calendar of which bins are collected which week and find out information regarding missed collection, new bins, recycling etc. can be found on the website at:

Or by phoning 0300 123 5011

Street Cleansing

Street cleaning, fly tipping etc. can be reported through the website at

Or by phoning on 0300 123 5011

Cheshire East Highways & Street Lighting

Highways & Street Lighting Issues

In an emergency you can call CEC Highways on 0300 123 5020 during office hours (out of ours on 0300 123 5025)

Or report it via the website at

Choose the type of fault  you want to log in the “Report IT” section.

Please note that if the door on the lamp post is open or has been removed it will make the issue a high priority fix.

Report a Pothole

You can report a pothole through the web site but you can also call them on 0300 123 5020 if the hole is making the road dangerous.

Current Status of Road Works

There is also a site which shows the current status of roadworks in Cheshire East which can be accessed at

This is very useful for the latest news as if roadworks are as a result of an emergency there will be no advanced notification only on this system or via a call to Cheshire East.

You may also wish to register with the site to get updates on road works in specific areas by e-mail.

Cheshire East Planning

Cheshire East Council is our local Planning Authority.  All planning applications are submitted to the Cheshire East Planning Department and Goostrey Parish Council is sent e-mail advice of any applications within the Parish of Goostrey, we are able to support, object and make comments on all the applications we receive within a given time frame.

All of the Planning Applications are available to view on the Cheshire East Council website at:

Please note that we no longer receive paper copies of plans for applications, they are all held on the Cheshire East Council website.

Contact details of other related departments such as Planning Enforcement and Building Control are also listed on this page.  If you have concerns in either of these areas please contact Cheshire East Directly.