We have today received the following communication from Sibelco regarding the works on the A50 and New Platt Lane.
For your awareness and onward communication within the community, we now have detailed programme of works for the A50 and New Platt Lane road closure.
The road closure has been publicised through the signage and matrix signs. The A50 will have a full road closure from 19:00 hrs on Friday 28thFebruary through to 17:00 hrs Sunday 1st March (subject to any delays or cancellations caused by weather). The works will be managed by Dutton Contractors and will have full time traffic management marshals available.
Detailed programme as we have it:
Closure commencement Friday 28th February*
- Fri 19:00 – Fri 20:00 A50 road closure
- Fri 20:00 – Sat 02:00 Cold milling & excavate traffic sign bases
- Sat 07:00 Emulsion application and road surfacing & install traffic sign poles
- Sun 07:00 – Sun 12:00 Fix traffic sign heads
- Sun 13:00 – Sun 16:30 Stud fixing and white lining
- Sun 17:00 Re-open A50
*Subject to weather
There is an emergency contact provided from Dutton Contractors. A map of the closure is also provided, detailed below:
- Chris Ackroyd: 07834 697057, Works Supervisor
- Paul Collins: 07825 547842, Emergency contact if Chris cannot be reached